Skip to main content



Bauernhofmuseum Hof-Kirchanschöring (Farm Museum Hof-Kirchanschöring)

Accessibility
no information available
Opening Times
Currently closed
Address
Hof 1
83417 Kirchanschöring

The first building of the private Bauernhofmuseum (Farm Museum) was the "Schmiedhof" (Blacksmith's Farm) from 1811, which originally stood about 5 km away and was dismantled by Franz Huber and rebuilt at the new location. In the meantime, a grain store, a crushing bath, a baking oven and a museum barn with farming and handicraft equipment have been added. In addition to 50 tractors, the oldest of which dates back to 1937, there is an exhibition of everything from cultivation to threshing. Every year in August, the traditional steam threshing takes place with a historic steam engine.

Last edited on 26.10.2023

Additional information

You Might Also Be Interested in

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Heimatmuseum Obernburg (Museum of local history Obernburg)

    The local history collection presents agricultural and handicraft tools, a tailor's and a shoemaker's workshop as well as evidence of the local iron ore and basalt mine, household utensils and photos...

    Location: Obernburg

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Vogteimuseum mit Blumenauer Heimatstube (Bailiwick museum with Blumenau local history room)

    The bailiwick museum provides information on the local history of Aurach with the former bailiwick of Wahrberg Castle and the Eichstätt Collegiate. You can also see traditional costumes, objects of...

    Location: Aurach

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Heimatmuseum Elsenfeld (Museum of local history Elsenfeld)

    In a historic farmhouse and barn, the local history museum displays finds from prehistory, as well as rural furniture, household goods and agricultural implements. The museum also includes a bakehouse...

    Location: Elsenfeld

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Bauernhofmuseum (Farm Museum)

    In two purpose-built buildings of the private collector Johann Schreiner, a comprehensive collection of agricultural implements and machines from different eras, but also household goods and workshop...

    Location: Buchhofen

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Alt-Arnstorf-Haus (Old Arnstorf House)

    In 1980, a local history association opened the log house (18th century) with attached stable and barn of the "Eckflez house" type at the Steinbach bridge to the public as a museum. It exhibits...

    Location: Arnstorf

  • Museum / Exhibition Centre: Museum Torfwerk Ainring (Museum peat works Ainring)

    The Museum Torfwerk Ainring (Museum peat works Ainring) in Mühlreit presents the history of the use of the Ainring moss and the industrial processing of peat. A museum railway (peat train) is...

    Location: Ainring